Sunday, July 3, 2011

Graham Cracker Cake

My computer crashed, so I am posting from my Dad's work computer. So no pictures until I figure out this computer. This was a great cake, a little more flavorful then a cake mix.

Batter
1 yellow or chocolate cake mix (I used chocolate)
1 C water
1/3 C oil
3 eggs
Mix these ingredients together and set aside
Crumb Mixture
2 C graham cracker crumbs
3/4 C chopped nuts (I used pecans)
3/4 C brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (I forgot to put this in oh well)
3/4 C butter melted
Glaze
1 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp. water

Place 2/3 C batter in the bottom of a 9x13 greased pan. Sprinkle with 2 cups crumbs. Add the rest of the batter and then crumbs. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 min. Drizzle with glaze while hot.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about trying this...Of course, I don't currently have a single ingredient in my cupboard (I like to stick to tuna and mac & cheese) but this recipe might be worth going and buying some basics. Oh wait... I do have water :)

    ReplyDelete